Wednesday 18 March 2015

Our favourite cookies

Hey guys! Its been nearly a year since I last posted something on here! I've missed this space so much but kinda lost my blogging mojo. I found it again today, not sure if it will last or not but in the meantime here is a super yum chocolate and almond cookie recipe I came up with to use my favourite chocolate. 

Pretty much the perfect combo. 




1 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
2 eggs
2T hot water
2t vanilla
1 cups rolled oats
3 cups flour
1t salt
1t baking soda
3/4 block of whittaker's dark almond chocolate (roughly chopped).

Cream the butter and sugars in the food processor, add eggs, vanilla and hot water. Scrape down the bowl and throw in the rolled oats, flour, salt and baking soda. Empty the mixture into a big mixing bowl and add the chocolate.

Roll into balls and place onto a baking sheet and bake for 8-10 mins until lightly browned.



You're welcome

x




2 comments:

  1. Yeah baby you're back! Got so excited when I saw a post up from you. Ironically I just made your sister in law Alice's chocolate chip cookies yesterday. I remember her handing those out when we were camping and they were amazing. Might have had something to do with being so over 2 minute noodles by that point but I always remembered them. She has rolled oats in hers too which I think is the winner. I like the sound of yours too with the brown sugar and eggs! I don't think I've ever put eggs in cookies before. Will give these a whirl. So glad you are back in this space. Hope it lasts! I just had quite a few teary moments reading back over my blog when I was doing the kids birthday messages and I'm so glad I recorded some of those posts. I would have forgotten them otherwise. BTW I also appear so much wiser than I feel now. Is that what extra kids and a bit of age do to you? Silence the wisdom? I am so close to being out of those toddler year trenches that I can smell it but I do think that while your head is down, your hands busy and exhausted God allows you to do so much growth in him during those years. I read somewhere once, it's like you get refined quickly like a stone in tumble dryer as opposed to a stone being refined in a gentle stream. So much growth, in so much craziness. Now the crazy is slowing down, so is my growth. At least that's how it feels. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kate, I'm going to try these cookies tomorrow. I'd love some more blog posts from you - especially with ideas for quick and easy food for kids?! I hope everything is going well for you all in Hawkes Bay? We are back in Wellington. I'd like to organise a clothes swap some time - inspired by you and Anna :o) Take care

    ReplyDelete